The Association has many projects we perform and issues we address to advocate, educate and support foster and adoptive parents in Lexington County. We have open enrollment for the Association from January through the end of March. Dues are currently $10 per person or $20 per couple per calendar year. New foster and adoptive parents will have 60 days after receiving their foster license or adopting their child to join the Association if after March. Members enjoy full benefits of the Association and have an opportunity to have a voice in the direction of the Association to meet their needs.
Member's benefits include:
* Reimbursement of a one time activity fee per family per year (up to $50) for activities such as zoo memberships, museum memberships, school or community recreational activites (ie. baseball/soccer), or instruments purchased for the school band.
*Reimbursement of up to $12 for one yearly birthday cake per foster child in the home.
*Reimbursement of up to $6 on school or professional photos taken per foster child in the home.
* Complete involvement in the July Summer Social and the December Holiday Party for all foster and or adopted children in the home, as well as any biological children.
We conduct monthly business meetings the 3rd Thurdsay of every month, except in July and December. Our meetings are held at Saxe Gotha Presbyterian Church in Lexington (5503 Sunset Blvd., Lexington, SC 29073) from 6:30-7pm and our trainings are from 7-8pm. Saxe Gotha Presbyterian Church provides childcare services during our meetings.
There are many ways you can join us in our efforts:
*Become a licensed foster parent to provide on-going care to children in need.
* Provide short term respite care for youth (infants through teens)
*Become a GAL volunteer
Lisa Crawford, GAL office 957-6484
* Join the Foster Care Review Board (FCRB)http://www.govoepp.state.sc.us/fcrb
* Provide financial contributions to support educational or material needs of foster/adoptive parents and the children they care for.